Sports and Athletics
Sports mirrors life, and a well-structured athletics program teaches key skills that are more readily learned on the field than in the classroom. At TCA, we know the importance of team spirit, and we inspire involvement in athletics by providing a variety of fun and appealing recreational and competitive options for our students. Whether your child’s interest is in soccer, volleyball, or basketball, we offer opportunities for every student to maintain physical fitness while learning spiritual and practical lessons (some of which may even lead to a championship!).
At TCA, we like to win games and achieving a high standard of success is important, but we believe that even the greatest success is empty unless it honors Christ. Our coaches lead programs that value character and sportsmanship above winning, and it is their goal to empower students to maximize their God-given potential through their sports experience. In addition to improved physical skill, TCA athletes learn self-discipline, goal-setting, perseverance, teamwork, and many other important traits that will serve them well in education, in faith, and in life.
Some of the Christian qualities developed through TCA athletics are:
- Faithfulness and Loyalty - “Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.” 1 Corinthians 4:2
- Commitment, Diligence and Perseverance - “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord and not for men.” “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.” Colossians 3:23, Ecclesiastes 9:10 respectively.
Over the years, these qualities have proven to produce very successful teams and students. Our athletes have been involved in competitions in CT and throughout the Northeast, and these are a few of our achievements.
- 1998-1999 – Back-to- Back International Student Convention Basketball Championships
- 2001 - 2002 - NECSAC Volleyball Championships
- 2004 - NECSAC Girls Basketball Championships
- 2007 - NECSAC Girls Volleyball Championships
- 2009 - New England Shootout Girls Basketball Champions
- 2010-2011 – Back- to-Back New England Shootout Boys Basketball Champions
- 2012 - Northeast Regional Student Convention, 1st Place Overall Athletics
In addition, TCA athletes participate in athletics at the annual ACE convention and have been especially successful in the areas of track and field.
Please Note: Our athletics programs are available to T.C.A. students and Homeschool students alike!